Friday, June 22, 2012

Dining Room Makeover Begins

My dear daughter is very much into Harry Potter right now. We've decided to make over our dining room into a bedroom for her as she is sharing one with her sister right now. The dining room was never used for it's intended purpose, anyway. It was first a scrapbook room and then a homeschool room. But, the books are moving into the bonus room upstairs and it will be a new Hufflepuff themed room for our girl.

For those of you unaware of what is a Hufflepuff I will attempt a background summary. Harry Potter attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The school is divided into four "houses" which room together and compete with the other houses in academics and athletics. The Hufflepuff house colors are black and yellow and it's mascot is a badger. I didn't want her room to be black and yellow. She may not be into a Hufflepuff themed room for ever and I don't want to make it too "themey" or too costly. I talked her into a gray for the wall color but we, instead, I surprised her with a gray/yellow room. It coordinates with the Hufflepuff colors and is, actually, pretty fashion forward.

My sister found some great fabric at Wal-mart which we thought looked pretty Harry Potterish. I love that my fabric department is back! I also found a couple of paint chips that I thought would be perfect. Look how nicely they go together.

The paint colors are Glidden WGY10 Crisp Ginger Ale (which we called Butterbeer) and WGN63 Pebble Gray (great castle-type color).

My dear brother-in-law offered to paint--yay! 


Not a great picture...I'll have to try that again later.

Next up...curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment